Loyverse POS Reviews

Loyverse POS

Small business point of sale & customer loyalty program

4.9/5 (157 reviews)

A fantastic, 100% FREE-to-use POS software!

Reviewed on 05.10.2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I tried so-called "free" POS software before. There was one that was actually good, so I ended up buying it (it was very cheap). In time, though, I ended up going back to printed inventories and sales records.
Then, browsing, I found Loyverse POS. I was immediately assisted by their support staff, who answered ALL my questions and, within an hour, I had everything set up to cover my business' needs: PC management, PC-based Android emulation for a POS terminal dedicated to wholesale customers, and a n Android smart-phone based POS for retail. Loading my inventories was very simple, using an excel spreadsheet and importing the data. Re-arranging the data to better suit my needs was easy and intuitive. The staff are a click away to support you round the clock. Updates are constant, without being annoying, and always add welcome features. It can be tailored to different types of businesses, such as restaurants, retail, etc. And, best of all, it really, REALLY is 100% free. Go ahead, try it. You can thank me later. =)

Pros

It can be tailored to suit your specific needs.
You have a team of highly qualified people to help and support you 24-7.
It is 100% FREE. No hidden fees, no funny business.
Constant updates, but not too often.
Customer support is top-notch. Yes, I listed this twice, because it's THAT good!

Cons

Since it is a work in progress, some features have not been implemented yet, but they are working on them.

Great graphic style POS with limitations

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 06.07.2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I highly recommend using this on IPads. Only Apple OS has the ability to lock their tablet to just one app (guided access). Android based tablets do not have this feature.

Pros

Easy to setup items to sell. The app can be used on either the Apple iPad or on Android base tablets. However stick with the Apple iPad because of the guide access feature is found only on Apple's OS. It easy to train rotating cashiers on this system. I do like the ability to split checks.

Cons

Not a true inventory if you are looking to see past and on-going stock. The system allows you to sell with negative inventory.
As with graphic based display too much items can be overwhelming. Best for business with no more than 2 dozen items otherwise you will be spending too long of a time scrolling through pages to find the item. It's is nice that it has categories but that also take some time as well. When items are out of stock, system should give the owner the option to hid the item until it is restocked. There is no warning given and shown when stock is low or completely out to the cashier.. Only an email is sent indicating a low stock.
There is no capabilities of sorting the displayed item or separating into groups visually. It's all done alphabetically.

I am completely confused on the sales history in the back office. Sales by payment and sales summery don't match. The data sync is slow. It may take a few hours after the close of the day before all the sales are synced and shown in the back office. When using discounts and promotions the totals don't necessarily add up correctly. I am still trying to figure out why that is.

Loyverse POS, our Lifesaver!

Reviewed on 15.08.2016

As a start up retail company we needed a POS that was affordable, easy to use, had a loyalty program incorporated and that worked from a tablet.....Loyverse ticked all those boxes! In addition to this the customer support team were with us every step of the way from video tutorials to real time live chat...AWESOME!

Pros

Its soooooo easy to use and also secure, I would say its fool proof! Also the loyalty program is a wonderful idea, love the way it links with the QR code and allows us to send regular updates to our customers, and the fact that we can easily convert an excel file to a CSV file to import the data to the application....also the cost was definitely within our budget!

Cons

There's a few features we would like to see as are really quite necessary for retail, such as size and colour in a sub category, currently unavailable, but have been told its on its way :) Also we need to be able to offer a printed receipt, some people just prefer that to an email, but again we've been advised its possible! Under card payment options we would like to include the type of card used and the currency...Kuwait dinar has 3decimal places.

Fastest store I ever setup...

Reviewed on 22.10.2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am a 40-year veteran of the IT business and I've seen and done it all. My wife runs a fudge business and is now selling retail so she needs a portable POS system that's fast, easy and comprehensive...she's not a computer genius. After looking at several offerings both free and paid and being very disappointed with the lack of insight and the quality of design I considered developing one myself (about 3-5 days work....no big deal). Then I stumbled upon Loyverse and thought I'd try just one more......BINGO!

Just exactly what I had in mind....in fact it matched my Excel prototype almost exactly. I completely setup my wifes store in less than 15 minutes, record time even for me. And even on a Saturday (for me) my very few questions were answered immediately and completely.

While the app is free I'm told they'll be adding some new features and services in the near future. As it stands right now I have everything I need...but with this kind of quality and level of customer service I intend to very seriously consider their new offerings and will even consider modifying the business model if they come up with something that will enhance sales and/or service.

Pros

VERY easy to setup and use....

Cons

Nothing at this time.

Great, compatible with various businesses

Reviewed on 21.02.2018

Manage business processes

Pros

Possibility to connect various periferals such as Mini printers, scanners and so on. Flexible software, translated to LT.

Cons

Not very comfortable to use with smartphones, need category drop box as is on bigger screen devices.

Very Promissing

Reviewed on 20.06.2016

Me and my girlfriend started a small merchandise business selling apparels, accessories and school supplies. I was looking for an app that will serve as a POS and inventory manager at the minimum and will help lessen the use of paper and MSExcel. During my search in the AppStore, i bumped in with Loyverse and some other POS apps. Easily i chose Loyverse because it is visually appealing, modern and chic, and very user-friendly. We started using it on test and found that all the basic things that i need are present in this app. The support system is great, you can chat directly to the developer who doesn't sleep! all my queries are answered immediately. They are continuously developing the app and adding features which is very exciting.
I am recommending everyone who needs POS to use this, it has a lot to offer.

Pros

Best Support Team
Has back office
Can have multi-POS and employee shifts
Free as of the moment
User Friendly
Continuously Developing (and you can be a part of it)

Cons

some reports and options are not yet available because they are still under development

Great App!

Reviewed on 21.11.2016

Very flexible, more than a POS system this manages everything you may wish for from customer interaction/feedback/discounts/points system, stocks, prices , online reporting, even goes as far as online sync of reports. This works on Android iOS even Windows(via browser)! If you have or you are planning a small to medium scale business this app is more than you can ever wish for. And the greatest thing of all these feature? ITS FREE!

Pros

Online sync of reports and an alternate customer app that allows them to leave a feedback and discount point system

Cons

Haven't found any yet

new to the app

Reviewed on 12.02.2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Just down load the product, I find the product interested, however, I am not sure if I am doing the right thing because I actually need a product that con integrate with my sage software.
Can some tell let me know if this product integrate?

Pros

I like the fact that the product is free, it gives me a chance try it to see if I will actually like it, and I am not into a long contract.

Cons

I need more time with the product to give a true review.

5.0/10

It is very easy to use and deploy. Intuitive and agile.

Reviewed on 20.11.2017
Review Source

Pros

It's great to use. The support team is extremely attentive and quick on the answers. Committed to resolve. The dashboard app is very useful. Easy to split payments.

Cons

It does not have a desktop app or system that we could make sales. So you need a tablet or a phone for that.
In a composite product the sales of all items of these products you will only verify in modifiers view and you will not have an inventory of them.

Best Mobile POS

Reviewed on 05.09.2016

The Loyverse POS system is a great mobile POS..the set up is simple and the best thing is the system is absolutely FREE..

Pros

simple & easy to set up.

Cons

1. The inventory report is not available. The entered cost was only to show how much margin we could make for each product. I'm comparing with Vendhq POS system
2. The inventory does not link with the sales. Meaning I can accidentally sell a product which was not available in my stock, hope the system can do auto detect features..we should not be able to sale any product that is not available in our store or not updated in the inventory.
3. Desktop features is not available. A desktop features is good to easily link the system with any printer and not limited to only certain thermal printer. In my business, we need to print a standard fullsize receipt/invoices.

7.0/10

Greatest Free POS Ever!

Reviewed on 26.08.2016

I have been finding Free POS for my micro business at home, And all of it need to pay for full function or just trial for just a week. But they call it's "FREE".(In Thai) 2 days before I try this service, I've use Free POS software for a month, And it's expire without rhyme or reason. I lost all of my data such a Sales, Products, Inventory, Customers List, etc. I can't access to database (MS Access) because it protected with password and encryption. since that day, I've found Loyverse. I've just try this service and then I love it!

Pros

First things, It's totally free! And It's useful, UI is friendly, easy to use, verifiable, flexible, relevant, accessible. It have Loyalty System.

Cons

It doesn't have Thai Language. But, I've decide to contribute this service as a Translator (Thai Translator). Because I'm Thai, We love free service! (LOL).

Amazing apps for small business!

Reviewed on 08.11.2016

This apps is so amazing! The convenience of not manually counting your money and your inventory items everytime there is a purchase made my selling of call cards easier. Also I can track my sales and profit and inventories with ease. I am also amazed at the inclusion of customers in the system which empowers me on adjusting my way of business and to keep my customers on coming back by creating a culture of communication and not just selling items. The customer service is great! They answer my querries in as instant. In the future if my business will grow, I will make this app part of my growing business and will exploit all of its features and functionality. I will definitely refer this app to my family and friends. Thank you for letting me use your app for free.

Pros

Convenience of doing sales and tracking your money flow and inventories with ease. I can base business decisions based on data gathered.

Perfect Help for Startups!

Reviewed on 29.01.2017

Loyverse is a GREAT TOOL to assist startup business owners that would need a helpful POS app but do not have the capability to pay monthly costs offered by other services. It is a risk-free app to try out and sort first whether would function directly to what the business needs -- and LOYVERSE POS is PERFECT for our kind of business. Looking forward to future development!

Pros

Easy to use, customisable, free

Cons

At times it might take a bit of delay to see saved changes

very impressed

Reviewed on 15.11.2017

Great value for money though some oversights could rob it of its true place as an all round retail solution

Pros

Great overall product with potential to be at par with more costly POS systems. Mobile function is a huge advantage. Superb customer support

Cons

Can sell with negative inventory. Can't use mobile cam to scan items. Needs option to use Categories in home POS screen instead of individual items which require too much searching. No facility for sales on account. eg purchase for later payment. Needs units esp in inventory lists.

Awesome App, Easy to use

Reviewed on 11.07.2016

First time i sign in this app, it really straight to the point how to use it. Easy to understand.

Pros

+Scan QR Code
+Payment notes
+Email the receipt

Cons

+Closing Report cannot see on app
+If I pun Actual amount of cash less than the amount of Expected amount of cash, spread will show negative amount of Actual amount of cash. I guess it should be extra or loss amount.
+On Ipad I cannot see any save any open ticket
+On Ipad I cannot add any printers
+On Ipad discount cannot see
+Both Ipad n Android when choose payment 'Card' should key in credit card's number

Simple, works with great customer support

Reviewed on 24.10.2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I was looking for a simple, easy to implement POS for my small hotel / restaurant. I was able to get this up and running in less than 2 hours. Anytime I hit a roadblock I messaged support and they were back to me in minutes with solutions. It isn't a full on complicated system with all the bells and whistles. I have worked with those and they have their uses, but if you need a way to track shifts, categories, some inventory management and certainly cash management this is the system for you.

Pros

Very logical, easy to use, easy to set up and great support

Cons

Eventually it would be nice to have better inventory management and shift management from the perspective of tracking staff hours for payroll.

Great POS for our small business

Reviewed on 28.10.2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are searching for POS to use with our small business. Many POS programs available. But finally, we short list the POS programs to try and evaluate. We found Loyverse is far beyond other in term of ease of use and flexible enough to match our business requirement. We very happy with Loyvese POS.

Pros

Flexible categories/items
Can shared an ethernet printer between POS/tablets.
Very low investment cost compare to PC based POS.

Cons

Mostly you can use this POS for your business. There are just some points that may seem inconvenience but it still can use it. i.e. The program don't have the pre-config button for suggested amount like 100, 500, 1000. But still you can enter amount manually (previous version had).

BEST POS EVER!

Reviewed on 21.02.2017

I was recently using Square Up for the past 2 years for my Brick & Mortar location. Until yesterday i've discovered loyverse and I can not say how much this POS is going to change our store. Highly recommended for any retail businesses! Wish I can donate or support these guys so they grow faster!

Pros

everything, honestly ! The fact that they dont have sub categories bothers me, but i talked to customer support and she replied almost immediately. Told me they are working on it and it's coming soon, If only there was a way for me to donate so they can progress faster!

Cons

Nothing

Amazing service for free!

Reviewed on 02.11.2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am enjoying the layout of both the POS and online service. It does take some time setting up but I believe it will cut off wasted hours on excel and tracking inventory. I would highly recommend for any small business owner, like myself. For being free it continues to surprise me and they continue to update. This works best for me because I don't have the finance at the moment for an expensive POS solution and I'm super happy with what they have here, being free!

Pros

Clean design, great support service, its FREE!

Cons

Can take a bit of time to try to learn, no multicurrency

Quick setup, User friendly, great customer service

Reviewed on 16.08.2016

Very easy to install and integrate with my existing android devices. No need to pay premium for hardware. Setup was a breeze and when I could not figure out anything customer service was very fast and helpful

Pros

Easy to use, free, no extra hardware required for basic setup and use. Multiple functionality: sales, web integration, monitoring, employee check in, etc

Cons

Don't know if this is a con, but you really need internet connectivity to appreciate this app to the fullest

Amazing app with amazing customer support

Reviewed on 26.09.2016

The Loyverse app is really great. I had a few issues with getting it to work with Stars mPop but the great team at Loyverse managed to get it working... Its still not perfect but it works! I can't wait for more updates to come. I have a few suggestions such as being able to print the receipt before charging it as Bars, Cafe's and Restaurant's require this function to take the bill to a table before making payment. The option to add your logo to the receipt would also be beneficial. Thank you

Pros

Its simple and easy to set up and use.

Cons

Nothing really... The option to print the receipt before charging and adding your logo to the receipt but I'm sure these options will come in time.

One word...Amazing! This POS system is the perfect tool for small businesses!

Reviewed on 09.07.2016

Having Loyverse POS has changed the way I process everything. From data entry, to sales, to inventory. I can export to excel and update the entire inventory then import it back to the program and its all done. The fact that you can encourage your customers to go green by not printing receipts is fantastic! You get a full report of your daily and weekly sales plus you can monitor your inventory levels.

Clear directions
Multiple devices can log on (I have mines on my phone and also on my tablet)
Doing a refund is super easy.
Printing receipts is an option
You can create your own customer loyalty program

Cons

Nothing. except I wish i found it before!

Loyverse has done a good job

Reviewed on 12.10.2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are testing out this POS and also comparing it GUI to other market brands.
We like the clean look and the easy functionality once it is setup for the staff.

Pros

I can tell Loyverse team has put loads of effort into getting it right and getting it simple and easy to use. Job well done.

Cons

At the moment, Loyverse is still developing and also integrating with other functionality to make the s/w a fool proof approach to POS. If their development continues the same direction and listen to users, I am sure this POS will be one day the market leader.

Loyverse POS

Reviewed on 08.10.2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am starting a new business, and space is going to be limited. i wanted a POS option that would run on my iPad rather than having to install a complete till / PC setup. i have been trying out Loyverse POS and can honestly say that it is a great piece of software. It does almost everything that i want, and is extremely easy to set up and use. The loyalty card app is a brilliant idea and works like a treat !

Pros

Loyalty card app, ease of setup and use

Cons

Could do with a few more financial options, and maybe allow more customer information to be gathered

Still in its infancy but progessing fast

Reviewed on 06.10.2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I reviewed this application in June 2016, it was lacking too much functionalty for me to consider it. I took a 2nd look at it in October 2016 and I must say I was impressed with how much development was done. This team seems committed at developping this application to become a serious contender. Considering it is free, it is easy to deploy and requires no installation, it is quite a sexy offering.

Pros

Free, no installation, no infrastructure, easy to deploy, easy to use, good support

Cons

limited functionality when compared to full fledged POS (like open source software)