TouchBistro has been named the Best POS System for Restaurant for three years running, by Business News Daily. Our prize winning factor is that TouchBistro’s iPad POS system is designed for and by restaurant service staff to meet the specific needs of the industry with 24/7 expert support from former restaurant servers, managers, and owners.
Whether you’re full-service or quick-service, TouchBistro helps to increase sales, improve service, and make better business decisions. Manage tableside orders, floor plans & tables, mobile payment processing, staff & scheduling, iPad menu management, inventory management and loyalty right from the iPad. Plus, access reporting & analytics in the cloud from anywhere, at anytime.
After researching the market for new POS system for my newly established Cafe/Bar I found Touch Bistro to be superior to many products in the market. It is cost effective, easy to use, doesn't require specialized equipment (Only Ipad, printer and cash till), easy to install and learn on your own and requires minimum training for new staff. One of the most important feature that many other POS don't provide is the dashboard and cloud reporting. I rely heavily on these data to manage my business effectively and efficiently. It provides a breakdown of sales performance over any period of time, connects to my accounting system and load sales data directly into my accounting system, has excellent integration with 3rd party apps such as 7Shifts for scheduling and Shogo for accounting. I'm truly impressed with this product and it's robustness. I have recommended the product to many other business owners and I always get the same reaction of amazement when they see the reporting it provides compared to the POS systems they currently use.
Dashboard and cloud reporting. ease of use.
Technical support seems to be overwhelmed and you can rarely connect with them when you need them most. They try to get back to you within 24 hours, but in most cases that's too long and have significant impact on our business.
Likelihood to recommend
The most popular opinion from our staff is the ease of use with TouchBistro. The program needs barely any training assistance, staff picks up the location of menu items quickly, customers are impressed with the technology, and in a small space like our coffee house the size of the unit compared to our grandfather of a cash register we can host more treats for our customers.
We struggle with getting prompt response when in a stressful or urgent situation. Restaurant business is fast paced and requires immediate help, especially if we are stalled in being able to take payment or assist a customer in another way. Guests don't appreciate being asked to wait while we try to contact Touch Bistro unsuccessfully. Email response time is reasonable. We also struggle to offer emailed invoices directly from touch bistro without having to switch over our wifi, slowing down service. We are also struggling to have reliable synching on our online account to view sales reports.
First off: TouchBistro seems to be the best option out there for a full-service restaurant POS. We looked at everything we could find (that's available in Europe) and trialed the three leaders, and TouchBistro came out on top. We moved from an outdated local POS and have generally been happy. It works as expected, it hasn't had any catastrophic failures, and represents OK value for money.
That said, there are some problems, both with the software and with the sales/support:
- Frequent crashes when printing tickets (more than once per day). You have to restart TouchBistro, find your now-closed table, and reprint the ticket.
- No way to print invoices. This is required in most European countries and TouchBistro offers no way to do this. It causes us a big delay to have to generate one in Word and print it out for the customer. If they are going to sell in Europe they need to have this core function that other, more basic, systems offer.
- No way to print and charge part of a table. Missing is the ability to select various items, regardless of which seat they are at, and let me print a ticket and charge for those items. We literally lose 30 minutes a day moving items between seats for large groups when they want to pay.
- No menu support for multiple locations. Even though they have a page on their web site dedicated to franchises and multiple locations, the capabilities aren't there. Menus have to be painstakingly typed in by hand on the iPad (no cloud/web support) and while you can eventually move a menu from one location to another, it is a convoluted procedure involving a call to tech support. This was one of the selling points that attracted us to TB and they haven't delivered.
- No reporting support for multiple locations. You have to log in, view one report, then log out and log back in with a different username to see the other report.
- The localization (Spanish at least) is horrible. It's like Peggy Hill did it. They seem to have just run all the strings through Google translate and much of it is nonsensical.
- Impossible to update menu during service. If something runs out or a beer tap changes, you have to wait for everyone to log out.
We are going to stick with TB for now, but there is room for improvement.
Easy to use and train.
There's a huge list in my review.
Likelihood to recommend
Touchbistro is an easy right out-of-the-box solution for all sorts of styles of restaurant service. It's fairly quick to set-up and support is excellent.
You can easily throw new staff to it and have them come out on top feeling like they understand how to use it very quickly. Intuitive as an iPad/iPhone program should be to new users.
Reporting is very good unless you're expecting TouchBistro to do a lot of the heavy lifting - it's good, but not quite amazing on the back end quite yet.
Be aware of how you organize your products early on for the reporting that you do get. It's only as good as the input and thought you put into it while your business is just a baby - that can come back to nip you once you have a better feel for both the software and your establishment.
Ease of putting in products + costs, assigning staff, third-party integrations (ie. 7Shifts)
Some of the reports lack in what they return, Reports should be fully automated, Crashes happen (though not frequently), hard to run in a building with no dedicated network
Likelihood to recommend
I have a higher volume seafood restaurant in Key West Fl called The Stoned Crab. We wanted a system where wait staff could service multiple tables while taking orders with out having to go to a main terminal. After trying another system and seeing others that relied upon cloud support and internet we were left with a crashed system and back to basics. A good resturantuer recommended Touch Bistro, I can tell you things are now amazing, the systems works incredible off its own network(yes you loose internet and never skip a beat) it's fast, reliable and the customer support and tech can't be beat. I really lost faith in entering the market with iPads after a big faluire, but Touch Bistro made me a believer and goes out of there way to find new ways to give us data and programs that we want. To sum it up, if you want to increase service, business, effiency and have happy staff.....You just found the right system, take it from me who found then latter than sooner, you won't regret.
Customer support, fast system, no internet needed to run, menu photos and special items to show to customers at table, data to watch your bottom line and a ton more.
No chip card swipe yet, I would say more program features, but when I asked for more they made more. I am having trouble with this part as the programming can be a bit tech, but they help you and then your good.
Likelihood to recommend
● TouchBistro’s Tableside Ordering is designed to help staff fulfill orders faster and more accurately while upselling high-margin menu items or modifiers. Features like one-touch bill splitting, personalizable menu display modes, and one-swipe seat joining let your servers focus on the customer.
● TouchBistro’s table and floor plan management features allow you to accurately layout your business’s floor plan in your point of sale. Take orders, transfer customers, and manage your floor with a visual interface that allows you to improve service.
● Take credit, debit, and cash payments wherever you are. TouchBistro simplifies payment with multiple credit card payment processor and EMV-compliant device options, as well as robust support for non-integrated payments and traditional cash drawers.
● TouchBistro has been designed for and by restaurant service staff, with features and customization options to tailor your menus specifically to the way you run your restaurant, so you can improve service times and increase sales.
● TouchBistro has a ton of features designed to make it easier for you to keep your staff moving, keep them honest, and reduce the overhead necessary to schedule, track, measure, and enable their success.
● TouchBistro allows you to take care of your top customers with tools for managing customer accounts, remembering and rewarding your key clientele, running accounts, and personalizing service.
● TouchBistro’s Inventory Management features help you keep track of what you have in inventory at your restaurant. TouchBistro’s approach ensures you can quickly and easily know what’s going on with your products without formulas and spreadsheets.
● TouchBistro’s comprehensive reporting allows you to make better business decisions with dozens of different and critical reports available right on the iPad or on any device, anytime, anywhere through the cloud portal.
● TouchBistro’s support has won multiple customer service awards with a team built up of former and current restaurant servers, owners, and managers. TouchBistro combines industry knowledge with support tools to offer support 24/7, 365 days a year.
Below are some frequently asked questions for TouchBistro.
TouchBistro offers the following pricing plans:
Starting from: $69/month
Pricing model: Subscription
Free Trial: Available
• Solo (1 User License) - $69 per month
• Dual (2 User Licenses) - $129 per month
• Team (Upto 5 User Licenses) - $249 per month
• Unlimited (Unlimited User Licenses) - $399 per month
TouchBistro offers the following features:
TouchBistro has the following typical customers:
Large Enterprises, Mid Size Business, Small Business
TouchBistro supports the following languages:
TouchBistro has the following pricing plans:
TouchBistro supports the following devices:
TouchBistro integrates with the following applications:
7Shifts: For Restaurants, 7Shifts: For Restaurants, PayPal, QuickBooks, Square Payments, Xero
TouchBistro offers the following support options:
FAQs, Knowledge Base, Online Support, Phone Support, Video Tutorials